I’m likely to get into trouble for this, especially as it’s a bit ironic, but I can’t help myself.
The power of people is a wonderful thing. It has the opportunity to alienate, create community, annoy, bring joy… a whole host of big personal emotions. As a person, you’re able to influence someone else directly. How mad is that?
We are asked time and time again why we follow so many people om Twitter. The reason is really simple – we enjoy reading about what you all get up to. The highs (and lows), the achievements, the news, the personal experiences… we love it all. We would much rather have a really busy timeline with loads of news, than follow 100 people and have no experience of our followers and their lives. Seems a bit self centered to have loads of followers and not partake in a two-way relationship… in our own opinion anyway.
Recently, both of us have been suffering from extreme WoW fatigue, so we sympathise, we really do.
To justify this to the haters: I am now gear capped (I can’t do normals due to my work commitments), I have 15k achievement points, I have 58 exalted reps, I’ve done all but one boss of Brawlers Guild (which I just can’t get past – 50 wipes and counting!). I *almost* have Gold Proving Grounds (I keep failing the last wave, QQ), I have ALL professions maxed, I have 10 level 90′s with one left for the boost. I have a full set of current 522 PvP gear (which considering I HATE PvP I’m quite proud about!), I have 168 mounts. I have almost all the recipes for each of these primary and secondary professions (relying on drops), I have all Best Friend reps (Halfhill, Nat Pagle etc). We have – thanks to you lovely folk – a wonderful level 25 guild.
I’ve been playing since Cata’s last patch.
So it has REALLY pissed me off this week with the amount of goddamn moaning on Twitter by people who don’t seem to WANT to find things to do, or see the good points of Warcraft. “There’s nothing to do, QQ”, “WoD changes suck, QQ”, “What am I paying Blizzard for? QQ”, “Changes suck, QQ”. So much so, I’ve gone MIA – I just can’t keep my cool with people.
- I understand you have been playing since Vanilla
- I understand you don’t want to raid / can’t raid / have raided HC
- I understand you pay for content
- I understand you have done all that I have (and probably more)
- I understand you absolutely hate the proposed changes to: your class/spec/character models/raids/[insert change here]
- I understand you feel that without flying you can’t live/have fun
- I understand a year without content is a long time
- I definitely understand that you don’t feel Blizzard listens to everyone / works hard enough / reads the numerous blog posts, tweets, forums
In case you’ve forgotten:
- You have a really understanding set of developers who are clearly listening to as many suggestions as possible – last nights interview on FinalBossTV if you can’t believe that.
- You have a pretty good bug-free game
- You have regular fixes
- You have a really good (from my own experience anyway) Customer Service
- You have [insert time here] number of hours of entertainment for the sub fee. If you don’t, why are you playing? Cinema for two people in the UK here is, say 3hours, for £8pp. You do the maths. We pay £17.98/month for WoW.
… So can we all just shut up moaning now?
How on EARTH do you know whether you will hate the changes to: class/spec/character models/raids/[insert change here] if you haven’t played it yet? It’s like the children I work with telling me they absolutely 100% hate the piece of music I give them to play without even hearing it. It’s ridiculous and I’m sick of it.
By all means, give your opinion on the alpha changes! But try this: instead of adopting the familiar blame culture that is the Western society, say it once, say it politely, and then leave it be. Even better if you can have a solution ready – Ok, so loads of hunter abilities have been removed. You know Blizzard wants to remove the bloat, so instead of QQing to them and not being constructive, offer a solution that they might consider. Win-win.
We love to hear your opinions, but there is a difference between an opinion, and moaning for the sake of being negative. We are both generally really happy people and it’s really depressing seeing so many people not even trying to see the good stuff or offer solutions to the numerous problems they find with the new content etc.
We have unfollowed people this week because of this, which makes us really sad. We want to interact with the community, but we just can’t hack the negativity at the moment. I know this is a post moaning about people moaning, but after watching it for a week, I reckon I’m allowed.
Positive Mental Attitude! Let’s give it a go… for the sake of our sanity… pretty please?