Mr B already had the Lorewalkers achievement on an alt from the beginning of the expansion (he wanted the disc mount), but I needed it on my main as I’m doing the “Pandaren Ambassador” reputation achievement.
This weekend, over lunchtime, I finally got around to earning it.
I must admit, even though I have Loremaster, I don’t really know any Warcraft lore. This Lorewalkers achievement was a wonderful journey for me – I got to see Pandaria’s glory from the air and discover some lore in the process.
I followed this map from: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/lorewalkers-easy-exalted-guide/
I followed the map as written and it took me 2 hours… from handing in the first quest to Cho (cleaning the bookshelves), to finishing the story at the end.
- Go and see Cho under the Shrine, follow the mini quest line
- From there, continue around your map on your mount (each of the statues to find looks like a scroll – some have a lovely blue aura surrounding them)
- Enjoy lots of achievements en route
- When finished, collect the items from the mailbox and hand them into Cho. You get to listen to lots of stories. Each story (quest) you listen to earns you about 3100 rep. After 8 handed in, you’re Exalted!
What I discovered
Mount Neverest. Simple things I suppose, but this really tickled me.
Some beautiful places…
And, lots of achievements!
Interesting Things To Watch Out For:
- Quan Tou Kuo the Two Fisted in Krasarang Wilds… /giggle
- Mount Neverest!!
- You can stay on your mount, for supreme ease of gathering the lore…
- … but some are near packs of mobs, so be careful!
- If you like to pet battle, this is an ideal time to do it. This will take you through all the zones, so keep an eye out for pets you don’t have. I got a lovely rare Yeti and some greens for my collection.
Really, this has to be one of the easiest rep ‘grinds’ ever. It is interesting (if you like that kind of thing!) but it can take a while if you get easily distracted.
So, have you done it yet??