A very quick post to brag – I hope you don’t mind – about taming my latest hunter pet.
Hutia, Spectral Porcupine, Jade Forest
I can’t take the credit for this tame, as it was the combined effort of Mr B and Hapie, our guildie. Doesn’t it look awesome?!
- Found in Jade Forest and you must be level 90 to tame
- One of 3 tameable spectral porcupines
- You must get him below 20% health to tame and he hits like a beast so this is a kiting tactic
- Get the Glyph of Tame Beast (I didn’t have it which made this much harder!) as it reduces tame time
- He has a heal which you need to interrupt
- If you have a friend helping, you won’t be able to tame until they leave combat: so a hunter friend is ideal as they can just feign death as you start to tame
- Use all your dots, slows and stuns – kite him in a wide circle around the rock in front of his den and interrupt the spirit heal
- At 20%, pop your Frost Trap to slow him, then Disengage which will fling you back the max distance away for the best survivability chance. Use Deterrence to give yourself those few seconds deflecting the attacks and hit tame. Hopefully, by the time he’s caught up to you, your tame will almost be finished and it’s a matter of surviving. I had 20k health left at the end as I didn’t have the Tame Beast glyph so the tame took a long time.
He truly is a spectralcular (see what I did there??) pet to have – good luck!
I saw this pet after your spider pet post. This pet is one that I will certainly try to get as I get my hunter toons to the level needed for this content. Once again, great tips on how to tame this one.
It is exceptionally cool, if you need a hand I’d be happy to throw a few concussive shots at it for you!
Thanks for your kind comments 🙂