Whilst searching for a new pet, I stumbled across one I’d never heard, nor seen, before and was immediately intrigued.
Boar Spirit, Razorfen Kraul
This is the boar spirit from RFK in Southern Barrens, a level 30ish instance.
- He has an interesting translucent skin and just under 2k hp
- He is spawned from the 2nd boss in the instance – Aggem Thorncurse
- He dies just after taming, but don’t panic, with a revive he’ll be right as rain
As a level 90, this poses its own unique set of problems; namely, not one-shotting the boss. This is what I did:
- Skip all the trash and head straight for the boss
- Clear the trash just before the boss so you have an unobstructed view of Mr T
- Dismiss pet
- Concussive shot Thorncurse and immediately untarget him. Pull right back.
- Wait 5 seconds for the boar to spawn, hit tame and when he’s yours, kill the boss
Here he is again, for your viewing pleasure.
I think he’s pretty cool and very “badass”. Being low level, he’s also a really good – unique – choice for lowbie hunters.