You all know my love of sparkly hunter pets, and Ghostcrawler was one I wanted really badly.
- Named after Greg Street, systems designer for World of Warcraft
- Spirit Beast with the Spirit Beast Blessing – a nice heal to get you out of trouble (it also looks very pretty!)
- I camped for 3 days, others got him after a few hours, so you need to be patient
- You need to have done the Vashj’ir starter quest to get your underwater breathing or this will be super difficult
- As a level 90, the tame itself is not a hard one. Pop deterrance and hit tame, the difficulty is finding him.
- I used this map: Wowhead
- Make a macro: /tar Ghoscrawler and put it on your bar
- Adop0t one of two strategies: either follow the map in a clockwise motion and spam the macro, or park yourself in the middle to wait for NPC scan to go off. I recommend the former, it’s a lot less dull.
- This Spirit Beast is unique as he goes in and out of stealth – he will appear, then 30 seconds later, disappear to reappear further along his route. I recommend you swim slowly along his route hitting the macro. Also an awesome time to take your Abyssal Seahorse out for a spin!
- Have track beasts on! He will show up as a yellow dot – another weapon to spot him.
- He is a lot smaller than you would think, and Abyssal Depths is gloomy, so look carefully for that glimmer of white and use the macro.
- Don’t panic if you spotted him and he goes into stealth, just swim a little further up his route to wait.