I think Stompy looks really cute, so I thought I’d go see if I could find him!
- Found in the mountains of Kun-Lai Summit
- You must be level 88 to tame
- He does not aggro, but, like all MoP trackables, he stealths so can not be picked up using NPC scan
- I followed this map along his route – which goes almost vertically up and down mountains, but generally follows some kind of discernible trail via Mount Neverest.
- As with most trackable pets for MoP, you’re looking for his ‘heavy tracks’ and then following them in the direction they’re facing. They will disappear after 5minutes from the back of his route as new ones are made at the front, but generally his path is quite logical (makes a change!) so you can meander along the route with him.
- As always, when you reach the end of the trail, fire your flare in front of where you think he is. When he appears, stick a hunters mark on him to stop him going into stealth. This also makes him invisible to other hunters.
- The tame is easy when you’re ready. He also doesn’t aggro, so you don’t need deterrence etc.
He’s got a unique skin, and he’s pretty impressive – he is very tall standing next to you which is quite cool, as most of these pets shrink considerably. I’ve specced him as tank, but he’s got a nice ‘Trample’ ability which decreases spell cast speed by 50% which could be useful for DPS.