I love Hutia, who is my spectral porcupine from Jade Forest, so Bristlespine was an obvious choice to go for. He’s not particularly special-looking, but I suppose if you want that, you should go for the spectrals. I was surprised at how tiny he became when tamed, especially considering how large his tracks are.
- Found in Kun’lai Summit (map – this is a fantastic site which goes into much more detail than I do. Please support her and her hard work!)
- Must be level 88 to tame
- Does not aggro when tamed – woo!
- Found by following tracks and using flare – as with all MoP trackable pets
- Has a rather large meandering path, cutting through hostile areas – so be careful
- Can phase in and out of stealth – as with all MoP trackable pets
- Make sure you have tame beast, flare and hunters mark free and easily accessible to use
- You are looking for ‘puzzling tracks’ which blend very well into the brown grassy areas of Kun-Lai, I’d turn all ground clutter down to help
- Follow these tracks in the direction they’re facing. As I said before, they really do follow a winding path and I got lost several times and had to backtrack. I found it hard to predict which direction he would head next, so it took some time. I followed him for almost half his route before I could use the flare successfully.
- As always, when you fire the flare ahead of him, pop hunters mark on to stop him stealthing out of sight, and hit tame.
He doesn’t look too bothered about being charmed, eh?