I’m no good at kiting, so I thought I’d set Mr B a challenge – tame Gumi! There is a full video of the tame further down the page.
- One of 3 tamable Spectral Porcupines
- Found in Kun-Lai Summit and you must be level 90 to tame
- He must be taken below 20% health to tame
- He moves extremely quickly so you’ll need to kite whilst stunning/slowing
- He will two shot you if in melée range, so take some health potions (or a healer!) if you think that would help
There are several ways to do this, so I’ll outline what we used:
- Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah / Tame Beast equipped
- Use a kiting strategy whilst blowing DPS cooldowns – I kited around the shelf on which he sits in a circular motion
- Once at 20%, get as far back as you can using stuns/slow/disengage, pop deterrence and hit tame
There are other sites which go into much more detail. I only have an ilvl of 491 here, and the whole thing took around 3minutes with no help from anyone else. So have faith, it can be done alone!
Here’s the video: