This is the beast, and he is certainly impressive!
- Found in Kasarang Wilds (map) – once again, full credit to this lady as her site is a bountiful source of information on all the tames, in a lot of detail.
- Patrols in and out of the water – the tracks are easy to see on the sand but you can miss them in the water
- You must be level 87 to tame
- Has quite a long route along the shoreline, in and out of hostile areas – so be careful
- As always, you’re looking for his ‘muddy tracks’ – check the water carefully. Follow them until they stop and throw a flare ahead of where you think the next one will appear. It takes some practice to predict on his windy route.
- I’ve heard that if you’re inside the flare when he shows, he aggros, so make sure you throw it ahead of you. I personally haven’t confirmed this yet though.
- Once he shows, pop a hunters mark on him immediately, to stop him stealthing out of sight and make him invisible to other hunters. He looks quite menacing here, doesn’t he?!
- Hit tame when you’re ready, he’s so chilled he’ll keep pootling along as you’re taming, no fancy tricks needed.
He has ‘Shell Shield’ in tank spec, which is quite a nice reduction of damage ability – it is standard for turtles though.
I must admit, I prefer the look of Terropene, but he’s a nice addition if you like these monsters 🙂
Gratz for the new pet 🙂 I’ve never had a turtle pet ..you use it for tanking ? Is it better that the bear ?
Thanks! I’ve NEVER had a bear for tanking – I’ve always had a turtle (first, a low level one, then Terropene) so I couldn’t comment! You should try it and see how you feel… 😀
I will 😉
Congrats on your new addition.