Well read… does that make me an intelligent Gnome? *ponders*
What to do
- Choose a character – I used a Mage because I figured the portals would come in handy. And they DID.
- You need to find a guide for your faction. I used a good one on wowhead for Alliance players, with a few tweaks as it was out of date for Mists (the books in Scarlet Monastery no longer exist for example).
- Gather your patience (and a glass of wine!) and follow your chosen guide around the places. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul – it took me nearly 3 hours as I had to find the new places for the books after the Mists expansion.
- It takes a while!
- It’s frustrating when you are trying to find books in a huge library
- There’s no reward other than achievement points – a title or a novelty item would be nice
- It’s easy!
- You get to see some pretty cool places en route
- It’s 10 pretty easy achievement points
- If you’re into lore, this is a rather interesting achievement
I think, although it can be incredibly frustrating trying to find the specific books, if you’re into achievements, this is a definite one to go for. 10 points for a couple of hours flying around isn’t too bad at all!