So, here we are 3 days after the introduction of 5.4 and the Timeless Isle and I’ve been trying to write this post since Wednesday. I wasn’t excited at all about it (I was!) but actually, we’ve really been enjoying it so far.
Here’s our impressions so far:
Timeless Isle Pros
- Cool concept with a nice story. I don’t think the lore sits with the rest of the patch particularly, but as neither of us have huge lore knowledge, we’re not really good people to comment.
- Good layout and design (although I expected it to be bigger) and I like the Jade Forest feel
- Gear and coins seem to drop in enough abundance that you’re not annoyed, but not enough so that you’re always kept wanting more to work towards that elusive mount/piece of gear/vanity item
- The little challenges and achievements, like finding the chests are really fun!
- The gambler, Kukuru, who owns the chests. I think it’s a great idea to get people to spend the coins and, secretly, we like a bit of a flutter!
- Rares seem to spawn frequently and the world bosses have a lovely model
- I like that there’s a small bit you can’t access unless you have the cloak – an element of mystery. I HATE THIS!
- Awesome vanity items! This one is “Rime of the Time-Lost Mariner”, a drop from a rare. Pretty groovy, huh?
- Exploring the island is very fun… finding the chests hidden away and the quirks, like the clickable buffs
- Being able to gear up your alts so easily is proving to be excellent. My warlock is now 485!
- The sheer amount of stuff to do is pretty amazing. We’ve both wiled away a few hours without realising it.
Timeless Isle Cons
- The flight point layout to get there is ridiculous
- Lots of people means lots of issues – lag, killing rares before you can get there, idiots blocking the quest givers, competition for chests/spawns, not enough mobs to go around etc etc
- The Yaungol rep grind (at the moment) seems extremely long. 22 rep per mob (which there aren’t enough of unless it’s the middle of the night) is a looooong grind.
- That damn bridge. I think it’s stupid that not everyone can access content unless you have spent weeks grinding the legendary. Seems a bit exclusive, which rightly or wrongly, I don’t like.
So, what do you think so far? We love to hear your views!