“For those of you who do not know what this Liebster thing is all about: The Liebster Award is a small token of appreciation given to bloggers for doing what they do best and also a way for bloggers to learn about other bloggers. We are all connected in the great circle of… blogging!”
We were given different rules for both, but the general idea is that you answer the questions posed (at least 10), then nominate other bloggers to answer them.
This post ended up being a massive wall of text (which was unreadable), so I’m going to publish it in two parts. Zuul nominated us first, so hers are today. Mana’s tomorrow with our own nominations and questions.
1. Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- Ourselves, WoW, the community, our lives.
- It was just a random idea…
2. What do you/did you want to be when you grow up?
- I wanted to be a pilot, then a vet, then a teacher. I am now the latter…. I’m allergic to fur and was rubbish at Physics.
- An architect. But I figured out I probably couldn’t do it when I realised I couldn’t draw. Pff.
3. What advice do you have for someone just starting out in blogging?
- Read lots of other blogs, interact with your community, join Twitter, post regularly and use excellent spelling and grammar. I cannot read a blog with bad English, sorry folks. If you struggle with this, try dictating it into a programme or getting someone to proof read it for you.
- Get your wife to check your spellings.
4. What are some things on your bucket list?
- Road trip Route 66 (or part of) in America, foster a child, take my Mum to New York.
- Drive a racecar!
5. What clique were you in in high school?
- The highly nerdy Music clique. Every day was another music club and we went abroad every year to perform. I loved school and I loved Music. Probably why I became a Music teacher, eh?
- I was the popular kid. The one who bullied Mrs B :p
6. You are exiled to an island and can take three items. What do you choose?
- Does this island have electricity? Is it inhabited? If so, I’d like my kindle, a radio and a phrasebook so I understand the natives. Maybe I’d finally get round to reading the Warcraft books…
- My wife! Teabags! My PC…. even if I can’t use it, I can look at it and dream…
7. If you could go back 5 years and share one piece of advice with yourself, what would you say?
- Don’t give up on searching for that Dream Job – you WILL succeed and you’ll be very happy!
- I honestly don’t know. That’s quite a philosophical question that would take a lot of thinking.
8. Who’s your favorite Superhero?
- I don’t know any, sorry :p Oh wait… Batman and Spiderman they’re superheroes right? Nah, don’t like bats or spiders. Can I make up my own?
- The Hulk. HULK SMASH.
9. Favorite place to visit?
- My Mum’s, I don’t see her enough! If I’m not allowed that, probably the place we got engaged or married? Oh, or France, I lived there for a while, it’s amazing.
- I love the Romans, so anything that has their history.
10. Dinosaurs or Dragons? Why?
- Dragons, because the only friendly dinosaur I’ve ever heard of is Barney…..
- Dragons because they breathe fire!