I am NOT a PvP-er.
If you’re like me and don’t PvP, it’s a bit daunting going into a BG and having no idea what to do, where to go or what the objective is. This week it’s Alterac Valley, so I thought I would blog:
Alterac Valley for Alliance in 5 VERY simple steps
- Follow the group. Pack mentality works every time. There are 40 players in this BG and the majority will head straight for the end objective which is…
- Kill the boss. You start at the top, “Drek’Thar” the boss is at the bottom. With 103m health and 4 buffs, he’s quite a dude. By doing other stuff, these disappear making him much less menacing. In order to do this, you first need to…
- Capture the towers. After the initial mad rush out of the Ally base, breakout groups will go and ‘cap the towers’ en route to Drek. The main ones are Iceblood Tower, Tower Point and the Frostwolf Towers (by the boss). In order to do this, you kill the boss inside. Each tower is on a timer, giving the opposing faction time to defend and recapture. Once the timer is out, the buff on Drek wears off. Of course sometimes there might be nasty Horde lurking inside…
- Pewpew. Whether this is killing the Horde who may try to defend, or killing the mini bosses in the towers, or the NPCs who lurk around.
- Wait around. For Ally, this is *usually* a faceroll. I usually go and kill the mini boss in the Iceblood Tower, then wait at the boss, killing any hordes who might try to defend. EZ.
My highly professional picture for you below.
You’re the blue. Horde towers and bosses are in red. Kill the red and any Horde you pass on the way.
See, who said PvP was complicated?!
..And do NOT capture graveyards in the middle! .. 😀
Haha yes, rookie mistake 😉
It seems like the Alliance always win on my battle group. As many AVs as I’ve done, the Horde has only won a handful of times.