It’s that time of year when the blogging challenges come back around, which is great as it gets us back in the habit of writing.
You can see last years answers here.
Answer 11 questions from the person that nominated you, share 11 facts about yourself and make 11 questions for 5 other bloggers to answer.
11 Questions from Zeirah
1. What makes you smile?
IRL: watching the baby move under my skin (I know, soppy alert). Oh and chocolate. In game: fishing in really pretty places currently makes me really happy – I spent most of my gaming time yesterday at the Sunset Shore. Lovely!
My wife. Had to say that :p
2. Where do you see yourself in 50 years?
With the UK’s retirement age creeping up – probably still at work. I’d like to say we would both be in a camper van touring Europe though, that’s the dream.
Much the same. Wife, kids, grandkids, retired. Ok, maybe not retired.
3. Is there one class in wow you haven’t been able to really gel with?
Yes, a rogue. That and a warrior are the only classes I haven’t yet got at level 90. I was going to use the boost on it, but it seems a waste as I wouldn’t really play either. I have a geared twink rogue at 70, and I twinked purely because I couldn’t imagine levelling it any more….
Not really, I’m a serial altoholic and I play them all. However, I have only ever had one max level druid (compared to 3 or 4 of the other classes), so if I had to pick, I’d say Druid.
4. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
Time. Getting home from work, doing the housework, having tea, doing my prep work for the next day (I’m a teacher)…. I just can’t motivate to write a post too.
Finding interesting stuff to write about. I don’t think people would be interested in what I have to say!
5. What is your dream career?
I love teaching, it’s what I’ve always wanted to do. I suppose the dream would be to specialise…. I teach music at the moment, I’d like to branch out into special needs and music therapy, but that’s not looking likely.
Professional video game player. Hell yeah.
6. What is the one thing in wow you love doing the most?
Achieving a goal. For example, max level professions or Loremaster. I set myself a goal then spend the next few weeks obsessing. Currently, I’m doing the 100 enormous fish for the level 3 fishing shack and the 150 pet battles.
I’m not really playing at the moment. If I had to choose though, I’d say PvPing. It’s something I always come back to.
7. What is your favourite book?
Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. It’s a teen book but beautiful.
The Eragon series and the Game of Thrones series. If you haven’t read them… BE ASHAMED!
8. if you could choose the next playable race, what would it be?
I don’t know enough about Lore to answer this, but Naga sound cool.
Tuskarr! Walruses that you can play? Awesome!
9. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
Chocolate! I especially like Belgian Seashells.
I had a veal steak on our honeymoon in Paris. Oh my god. It was gorgeous. Moar please.
10. Who is your favourite wow character?
NPC or…? Out of my own, Louloutte. Even though Blizzard seem to have forgotten the cannon and gone OTT on the glass, I still love her even though I die constantly. Not sure about NPCs… Nomi was pretty cute. Lorewalker Cho also told some pretty cool stories.
Onyxia. I liked fighting her human form, the quest line to fight her was pretty awesome.
11. What do you think the next expansion should be about?
Lore knowledge holds me back here, sorry. I’m open to anything, but no more ogres please!
GNOMES! Ha, no seriously, the Burning Legion. I like the idea of lots of demons. And fire.
11 facts about us
- We are British.
- We met in a club called Pussycats. Yeah, we don’t usually share that.
- We have a guinea pig called Ernie who growls like a dog
- We love Formula 1! Would love to go to Silverstone one day, but tickets are soooo expensive. Maybe for our 50th anniversary or something 😉 Go Hamilton!
- The thing we argue most about as a couple is probably our accents. I have a Queens accent, Mr B has a northern one. I think he sounds like a pleb, he thinks I’m anally posh. Pff, I’m right of course.
- In WoW, just like IRL, I am a habitual saver. Mr B is a spender. He keeps telling me it’s only pretend money, but I like to see the cash mount up!
- He calls me a Gnome to my face. The cowbag… I’m not that small!
- We both love music! I teach it and Mr B appreciates it…. tunelessly. I think our child will grow up with a massively eclectic taste, we will listen to literally anything.
- We also both love the Romans and have been known to do a 2 hour diversion off our route to go and visit ruins or a museum. Fascinating period of history.
- Many of our holidays consist of getting to a base (a large town or city), then visiting as many small towns and villages around there that we can. We don’t have a plan, we drive in a direction, see what there is and do it. Our last holiday, we ended up at a mini model village at the seaside. It was brill.
- We love to collect art, especially local art which means something to us. We have recently been given a painting of the church where we got married. One of our favourites is a painting/print of where we got engaged. We also have a limited edition copy of a rare photograph. I hope they will be our children’s heirlooms one day.
Your questions are:
- How old were you when you played your first video game?
- Did you ever play an N64? If so, what was your favourite game?
- Would you rather play a Gnome or a Goblin? Why?
- If you had to choose between only ever doing PvE or PvP, which would you pick and why?
- What’s been your favourite raid or instance in WoW?
- If you could live in Azeroth, where would you choose?
- If you had to marry an NPC, which would it be and why?
- What set up do you use to game? Any tips for others interested in upgrading their pc?
- Have you ever met any gaming pals that you met online?
- Do you enjoy watching/visiting Blizzcon? Why/why not?
- Would you let your children play WoW? At what age? Why/why not?
Have fun guys!