Day 20 – If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do?
This is a really tricky question as I think if it got to the point that I didn’t want to play anymore, I would have trailed off and then just not renewed the sub. This obviously means that I probably would have done my usual as a last day: logged in, done my Nomi quest for the free food, halfhill farming, auction house and LFR whilst blocking the idiot talk in the Shrine.
However, if I was told this was my last day and I could do anything, I would probably run ICC and Ulduar for the fun times, try on every mog outfit in my bank and do the starter quests on all classes I haven’t got round to playing yet. I can’t decide whether I’d give all my gold to someone else or keep it just incase. I think I’d keep it actually…
Nothing. If it had got to the point I was quitting, I wouldn’t be playing at all.
However, before I have stopped playing. I deleted all my characters and gave my gold to friends. Extreme, but necessary… I was totally fed up.
We hope you have enjoyed this journey with us. It has taken many months, but we have learnt a lot about ourselves en route!
Day 19 – In your bags/bank
I’m going to answer this. It is so annoying that my dear wife (who is so OCD organised IRL) has bags that look like THIS:
And this is on a good day!!!
In my defense, most of that is transmog and profession gear. AND I don’t have a bank alt… AND they’re online like this on my main…
I think she doth protest too much! Here’s mine:
I tend to keep everything spread across various alts and toons, although my bags here are quite full. I usually keep metals, consumables and other small rep/enchanting mats in my bags. In my bank, I keep the curiosity items (BoA stuff, ritual stones etc etc) which I don’t need day to day. She keeps e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g… mats galore, transmog stuff (spellbound!!! I can’t send them anywhere else!), and goodness knows what else.
What about you? Serial horder or completely empty? Let us know!
Day 18 – Your favourite outfit
I have lots of favourite outfits, and I feature them all in my transmog section (look left). So, I thought I’d feature some of my favourites from other enthusiasts.
This is one of the best ones I’ve seen all year, from @HealbotAtHeart
She calls it her “Wolfslayer Outfit” and all details can be found here.
Isn’t it amazing?!
Another website I find myself frequenting often is @Samaramon‘s which can be found here
One of her recent creations: “black and yellow”
She creates some lovely outfits which usually have a theme which is really helpful and easy to follow. She also produces her own art which is b.e.a.utiful, so go check it out!
Of course, there are so many amazing blogs out there which feature some fabulous outfits – I would definitely recommend you go and search them out.
Day 16 – Things you miss (post Cataclysm)
At the risk of sounding philosophical, I am really struggling to find things to talk about for this one. Purely for the reason that nostalgia can often get the better of us and we miss things just because they’re not there any more.
Cataclysm gave a much needed levelling experience and I actually really enjoyed the changes they made – I felt it was perhaps a little fragmented before this expansion.
I’m afraid I can’t comment – I’ve just about reached my one year birthday!
Day 17 – Your favourite spot (in game or outside it)
Nagrand – I could live there. The scenery is beautiful and the floating rocks are amazing. From the Horde perspective, the storyline is also really interesting, with Garrosh Hellscream entering the picture.
I could babble on and on about my favourite bits in WoW. I do a Picture of the Week which features many of the most beautiful places in the game. I agree with my husband, with Nagrand, I think we could both happily hermit away from the rest of the world in such a lovely place.
However, I also really love the Jade Forest and often find myself circling around enjoying the view and fishing in the pretty lakes. This is similar with Uldum and its desert oases, or Vashj’ir and the beautiful underwater reefs, and finally, Howling Fjord – have you ever just stopped to admire the sky?
I think ultimately, what we both love are the details in the game – from the variable weather to the running water. Perhaps there are more places to discover – let us know which is your favourite place to hang out!
The Isle of Giants
Day 14 – This upsets you
I write a weekly as quite a lot of things upset me. Perhaps you’d like to click the “Monday Moan” catagory on the left hand side ^^
Day 15 – Your desktop background (on your computer) and why you chose it
Our current desktop background is one from our wedding – standing outside the church. We’d like to remain relatively anonymous, as I’m sure you understand, so instead I’ll put a picture of the church for you. It’s very beautiful.
What do you have as your background?
Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
Because I’m a technophobe, I didn’t realise this hadn’t posted – sorry guys. Here’s day 11, a little out of order ^^
I haven’t been playing all that long, so I don’t suppose I have too many of these. However, a couple do spring to mind:
- Not checking loot from the boss before entering raid/dungeon etc
- Not reading quest objectives when leveling – I tend to just head to the spot and see which mob needs killing. In hindsight, I could save a lot of time if I skim the quest as I pick it up, as I usually have to stop and find out what I’m doing!
- Not capping valour each week. Sorry Blizz, I just don’t have the time, Especially with the 40mins+ of queue time for LFG or LFR.
- Not leveling professions on my two alts. Going to get on that this week…
- Eating near the computer / eating whilst raiding / not stopping to eat. Laziness really I suppose!
I can’t think of many, but here goes…
- Lack of concentration span on my toons – I tend to get bored and switch, do a couple of levels, switch, do an LFR, switch, do some professions etc etc
- Lazy when farming. I usually just buy all my profession mats and any other mats I might need.
- Secondary professions remain at 0/600. I just cannot be bothered!
Do you have any bad habits?
Day 13 – People (players/bloggers) that you admire
I’m sure this is very similar to Day 10, so I’m going to talk about those players who I admire.
There are none in particular, but instead I’m dedicating this post to all those raiders in the progress race. It has been really exciting this patch, especially because it has lasted so long. I get tired raiding for just a couple of hours once a week, and I can’t imagine how they must be feeling after 5 weeks.
This is one video which we both enjoyed watching… see how they laugh and joke until they get close to the kill?
We only play for fun, but I imagine if we were under so much pressure: to get geared, to hit the top DPS, to not make mistakes, then I think it would become a chore. I know raiding isn’t for everyone, but I think we can all admire their dedication to the game!
Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time
This entirely depends upon how much time I have to spend. Some days I can only face half an hour, others much more. My priorities are as follows on my main:
- Profession cooldowns (tailoring – Imperial Silk)
- LFR – starting with the newest one and working down
- Anything else needed for raiding that week (watching guides, gemming etc etc)
- Dailies – Halfhill for the mats for professions
- Valour cap. Meh.
- Fun stuff like pet battling, running dungeons for transmog or achievements.
I have a full time job, so obviously my online time varies throughout the week, with much of my free time at the weekend. I tend – during the week – to only have time for an LFR and dailies with an hour levelling on my new toon, which I’m really enjoying.
However, if I have a big chunk of time (a few hours) I would do something like this:
1 hour: queuing for LFR and doing dailies / pet battling
1-2 hours: LFR (I try and do them all each week, but never manage to cap valour now I don’t have rep grinds left)
1-2 hours: levelling a new toon
1 hour: do something fun with someone else, either a dungeon or a classic raid for the achievements
2-3 hours: raiding
Looking at this, my routine is very different! Main focus at the moment is gearing the rogue for Brawlers Guild so my online time reflects that. Instead of a daily routine, mine tends to be weekly. So every Wednesday, all my online time is spent in LFR / classic raid runs etc. Towards the end, I do more of the scenarios.
- While loading warcraft I check all the news sites
- I do my leatherworking research first then drop a Blingatron (best thing I’ve ever had was a pet. Figures).
- Dailies (Isle of Thunder at the moment – takes over an hour) and grind rares to get the solo scenario key at the beginning of each reset
- Transmog / mount runs (MC, BWL, Khara, Tempest Keep weekly)
- Stand around looking pretty in the Shrine whilst queuing for LFR
We haven’t really answered the title of the post, as each day is obviously very different, but we hope it has been enlightening anyway!
Day 10 – Blog/Website favourites
We’ve been putting this one off as I’m finding it hard to choose. So, I’ve decided to say…
All of the ones I follow!! Check out our follows on Twitter for lots of Warcraft community blogs and a lovely set of people. I’ve mentioned a few in my previous posts, but there are just too many talented bloggers out there to choose from.
Mr B’s Website Favourites
- wow.joystiq.com – blogs, articles, news… everything for the warcraft enthusiast
- mmo-champion.com – news and forums, data-mining and all sorts
- icy-veins.com – invaluable spec advice
- askmrrobot – couldn’t do without this fellow, brilliant site for reforging, gemming etc (also on twitter @askmrrobot)
- wowhead.com – for every questing need