Following on from our epic couple of weeks levelling, where I pretty much had my transmog already planned for my panda, here is our little duo rocking their new clothes:
Up close and personal with Mr B:
Total time played: 2 days 18 hours 21mins
After buying our set of PvP gear, ready for HCs: ilvl 442 (Mr B), 441 (Mrs B)
We have loved every minute of this experience levelling together. It has been enlightening, for the first time questing and enjoying the Warcraft experience right from the start together – seeing zones and quests which we perhaps would not normally do. It has involved a lot of patience and compromise, but ultimately, a lot of fun!
- Level and % of level: 45% through 87
- iLevel: We didn’t note it down.
- Time played so far: Nor this, sorry!
- Area: Kun-Lai
- Favourite moments: I felt really good that we 2 manned a rare in Kun-Lai – Havak. We both have self heals and as long as you move out the crap it’s do-able.
- Least Favourite moments: none really, enjoying it!
- Instances: none, but we did do Sha!!
- Level and % of level: 8% through 88
- iLevel: Mrs B: 413, Mr B: 427
- Time played so far: 2days 14hours 40mins
- Area: Kun-Lai Summit
- Favourite moments: barrel rolling the mobs and setting them on fire was good. Smashing things with the big yeti too – you do the quest then you get it as a daily so 150k xp for the actual quest then 178k xp for a really easy daily quest!
- Least favourite moments: we were doing a pug dungeon and we weren’t paying attention to chat (does anyone??). We were at the bit in Shado Pan Monestary where you need to defeat the initiates and we didn’t realise someone was yelling STACK multiple times. By the time we did realise, he had called us “fag pandas”… totally unacceptable for several reasons I promised Mr B not to get on my soap box about. Once again, the general foul manners of some members really put a downer on our play time. We left immediately and made a cuppa.
- Instances: Shado Pan Monestary (we queued again with a friend).
- Level and % of level: 82% through 89!!!
- iLvl: Mr B: 442, Mrs B: 439
- Time played so far: 2 days 17 hours 38mins
- Area(s): Townlong Steppes til 89 then Dread Wastes (upto Soggy Gamble quests)
- Favourite moments: finding the treasures that gave us 500-715k xp each (Amber Encased Moth for example)
- Least favourite moments: finding the Violet Citron and Volatile Orbs for the quest. Small area and lots levelling so lots ninja’ing as you’re killing nearby mobs. I finally have a matching set of gear but the belt makes it look stupid. Hmph. Some horrid tank who tanked Frost Lord ninja’d my 480 cloak. Was NOT happy!
- Instances: Frost Lord (Midsummer event boss), Mogu’shan Palace and Gate of the Setting Sun
We also upgraded the pieces of gear we had left from the gear vendor at Longying Outpost who sells 408 gear. It’s quite expensive at 33g per piece, but worth it as these mobs hit quite hard!
20% to go!!!!!
Dancing around the bonfire together for our 10% xp buff
We have been busy! We can’t blog about much else at the moment because we have been levelling like crazy!
- Level and % of level: 78% through 86
- iLevel: Mrs B: 403 Mr B: 410
- Time played so far: 2 days 10 hours 36mins
- Area: Upto and including the Halfhill starter quests in the Valley of Four Winds – DO THESE! They give 141k xp for tilling a couple of plots!
- Favourite moments: getting a puntable marmot as a quest reward – very fun! Collecting the muddy water in the vial was different – annoying, but different.
- Least favourite moments: clicking those Glade Glimmer’s at the Gilded Fan. Similar to the frightened animals in Hyjal. Meh.
- There was also a 90 hunter one-shotting the mobs we needed to get meat from for skinning. I can’t understand this as he could have let us kill them and skinned them after with no effort. People’s ignorance astounds me.
- Instances: Jade Temple.
- Level and % of level: 16% through 87
- iLevel: Mrs B: 415 Mr B: 416 (still owning him on single-target damage though!!!)
- Time played so far: 2days 9 hours 46mins
- Area: Valley then Kun-Lai starter quests at 87
- Favourite moments: Meeting Degu was pretty cool – still need to tame him! We also had lots of fun on the cliff harness.
- Least favourite moments: none, we both enjoy these quests!
- Instances: none.
We’ve both really enjoyed the last two zones… and THE YAK WASH is coming up in Kun-Lai which I love so looking forward to that!
A bit of a long update today!
- Level and % of level: 39% through 83
- iLevel: Mrs B: 318, Mr B: 336
- Time played so far: 2 days 1hr 9mins to level 83 / 2 days 3 hours 27mins in total
- Area: Deepholm til 83, then Uldum
- Favourite moments: We both got told off for trying to ride Lady the Camel into Uldum 😀
- Least favourite moments: PC overheating and getting dc’d in the middle of Vortex. I told them he was dc and asked them nicely to wait – they kicked him anyway. Twerps. I left when they did, but now I’m 5% ahead of him in xp.
- Instances: Throne of Tides, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle (half of it anyway)
When we hit 83, we went to the AH and bought, for a few hundred gold, a set of 364 gear which boosted us up 100 ilvls and made things much easier.
Day 23 – level 85 and beyond
- Level and % of level: 70% through 85!!
- iLevel: Mrs B: 385, Mr B: 376
- Time played so far: 2 days 7 hrs 43 mins – we had a whoooole day to catch up on a week of no play. We wanted to make the most of the 10% xp buff from Midsummer!
- Area(s): Uldum and Twilight Highlands til 85 BABY! Jade Forest (upto the end of Pawdon Village)
- Favourite moments: Enjoyed knocking over the Pygmy Scout towers, that’s fun.
Had a good group for Vortex this time too (after a couple of false starts), and we had some fun pulling lots in there. I enjoyed grilling the dockworkers and making them cower in fear when doing the Twilight starter quests! We both think Teng Applebloom looks awesome carrying the kegs of cider too 😀
- Least favourite moments: Twilight Highlands starter quests…yawn. Somehow feels less epic when you can use a flying mount… and I HATE HATE HATE the Twinspire quests in Jade Forest. Bad memories from dying constantly on earlier alts.
- Instances: Lost City of Tolvir, Crucible of Carnage (where a quest reward was the “Very Manly Staff” /giggle), Stormstout Brewery
We hammered to 85 by skipping up zones ASAP and buying gear wherever possible.
- Time played to 85: 2 days 6 hours 40mins
- ilvl: Mrs B: 351, Mr B: 346
- He is OWNING me on damage – regularly pulling 30k dps in instances by his mastery critting all the time
We then went to Pandaland! and bought the new gear set from Dawn’s Blossom. This, along with my Spear of Xuen which I upgraded with justice from Archaeology and a couple of crafter blues, took my ilvl up to 380 and his to 370. This changed everything. I am now pulling 50k dps in dungeons, more with AoE, and for the first time… I’M BEATING HIM!!!!! 😀
Us together, Mr B rocking his pink and blue set!
Dinging 80, or stats look like this:
- iLevel: 232
- Time Played: 1hr 20mins
- % and level: 34% through level 81
- ilevel: Mr B – 258. Mrs B: 239 I can’t believe I’m so much lower?!
- Time played so far: 1 day 22hours 30mins
- Area: Hyjal – up to the Shrine of Aviana
- Favourite moments: Faerie Dragons! Meep!
- Least favourite moments: wearing the stupid hat in BRC for the quest. So ugly! Barron Geddon quest – where you have to run in and out using the item is annoying.
- Instances: Blackrock Caverns. RAZ SMASH!
- % and level: 65% through 81
- ilevel: Mr B 261. Mrs B 260.
- Time played so far: 1 day 23hours 15mins
- Area: Hyjal – up to the Shrine of Aessina
- Favourite moments: Saving the bear cubs! There was also a quest reward called “Treegrip Pants”. This made me lol.
- Least favourite moments: Saving the ‘wee animals’ in the charred areas. So hard to click!!!
- Instances: None – only played for a short time.
- % and level: 3% through 82
- ilevel: Mr B 261. Mrs B 260.
- Time played so far: 1 day 23hours 15mins
- Area: Hyjal… of course. We set ourselves in Deepholm before we logged.
- Favourite moments: I love the quest: Hyjal Recycling Programme where you have to pick up the arrows. I love the name of the quest and I also love that – for once – the arrows are really clear and easy to see.
- Least favourite: none, just plodding on.
- Level: 74
- Area(s): Grizzly Hills
- Favourite quests / moment: The Outhouse at Amberpine Lodge. We had a merry few minutes giggling!
- Least favourite quest/ moment: All the troll quests in this area. I can’t put my finger on why I don’t like them, but I don’t enjoy them at all. Possibly all the back and forth? That said, I quite like this storyline!
- Instance(s): Drak’Tharon Keep – I quite like Drakuru mon!
- Favourite ability: N/A
- Level: 77
- Area(s): N/A
- Favourite quests / moment: Meh, dungeons
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Meh, dungeons.
- Instance(s): Violet Hold, Gundrak, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning,, Azjol-Nerub
- Favourite ability: I’m starting to get procs and buffs to manage now, which is proving complex!
- Level: 80 BABY!
- Area(s): Crystalsong Forest/Dalaran, Icecrown
- Favourite quests / moment: I liked doing most of these quests, as I hadn’t done them before (except a few for Loremaster).
- Least favourite quests/ moment: The back and forth over the structures in Icecrown is irritating. We were with one of those “stop pulling the dragons”/”ffs who’s pulling dragons?”/”NOOBS STOP PULLING DRAGONS!”/”…”/ “don’t take 2 healer dragons ffs” type-tanks in Occulus. I really like this instance but the tank completely spoiled it.
- Instance(s): Utgarde Pinnacle, Occulus
- Total time played to 80: 1 day 20hours (would probably be 20 hours less if we didn’t afk all the time – but we’ll be honest!)
It is really worth noting a new feature here.
Remember getting to Hyjal and having to scour the AH for gear or each mob would be double your health? Fret no longer! Patch 5.3 bought you “Iris Moondreamer” – a lovely lady who now sells ilvl 232 /level 80 gear for 25g each!! We outfitted ourselves for the Cataclysm for the princely sum of around 400g. /cheer
Level 80 and rocking our new gear