The Treasure Trove scenario – a solo experience aimed at enabling you to pic up a whole host of goodies.
- Kill rares on the Isle of Thunder (list and map) to get a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen
- Hand the key in to Taoshi in the cave at 51,46 to gain access
- Loot chests to have a chance at things like Elder Charms, Rep tokens and Burial Trove Keys (for extra chests at the end)
As far as we’re concerned, this scenario is good for two things: getting as much gold and charms as possible, or for getting to the last room to loot the golden treasure chests.
1. Final Room run
Pros: hi-tailing it to the final room and killing the boss there gets you access to 3 special chests which contain a chance at better loot.
Cons: there’s only a chance at the better loot – it doesn’t always pay off. You also miss out on loads of chests which contain the goodies along the way. However, if you get there quick, you can always double back and loot some in the time you have remaining.
Extras used: Potion of Light Steps (1 Elder Charm, requires Friendly with Kirin Tor Offensive), 3 Polymorphic Keys (3 charms each, requires Exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive).
Our view: It’s not worth it, we prefer the gold and rep tokens (on our mains) or the charms (on our alts). However, we’ve put together a video for you to see the route and where I used the potions and keys.
2. Loot run
Pros: lots of goodies
Cons: we never have enough time to get to the final boss and/or get caught by the traps a lot causing me to slow down
Extras used: none
Our view: Go for it! We tend to circle around the room looting every chest possible using speed boosts. We’ve uploaded a video – mistakes and all – to show how much we got and the loot.
- 10-15 Elder Charms (17 on this one)
- 1-3 Burial Trove keys (2 on this one)
- 15-20 Tattered Parchments for rep
- 1 or 2 Ritual Stones
Enjoy the clip!