Day 20 – If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do?
This is a really tricky question as I think if it got to the point that I didn’t want to play anymore, I would have trailed off and then just not renewed the sub. This obviously means that I probably would have done my usual as a last day: logged in, done my Nomi quest for the free food, halfhill farming, auction house and LFR whilst blocking the idiot talk in the Shrine.
However, if I was told this was my last day and I could do anything, I would probably run ICC and Ulduar for the fun times, try on every mog outfit in my bank and do the starter quests on all classes I haven’t got round to playing yet. I can’t decide whether I’d give all my gold to someone else or keep it just incase. I think I’d keep it actually…
Nothing. If it had got to the point I was quitting, I wouldn’t be playing at all.
However, before I have stopped playing. I deleted all my characters and gave my gold to friends. Extreme, but necessary… I was totally fed up.
We hope you have enjoyed this journey with us. It has taken many months, but we have learnt a lot about ourselves en route!
Day 19 – In your bags/bank
I’m going to answer this. It is so annoying that my dear wife (who is so OCD organised IRL) has bags that look like THIS:
And this is on a good day!!!
In my defense, most of that is transmog and profession gear. AND I don’t have a bank alt… AND they’re online like this on my main…
I think she doth protest too much! Here’s mine:
I tend to keep everything spread across various alts and toons, although my bags here are quite full. I usually keep metals, consumables and other small rep/enchanting mats in my bags. In my bank, I keep the curiosity items (BoA stuff, ritual stones etc etc) which I don’t need day to day. She keeps e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g… mats galore, transmog stuff (spellbound!!! I can’t send them anywhere else!), and goodness knows what else.
What about you? Serial horder or completely empty? Let us know!
Day 14 – This upsets you
I write a weekly as quite a lot of things upset me. Perhaps you’d like to click the “Monday Moan” catagory on the left hand side ^^
Day 15 – Your desktop background (on your computer) and why you chose it
Our current desktop background is one from our wedding – standing outside the church. We’d like to remain relatively anonymous, as I’m sure you understand, so instead I’ll put a picture of the church for you. It’s very beautiful.
What do you have as your background?
Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
Because I’m a technophobe, I didn’t realise this hadn’t posted – sorry guys. Here’s day 11, a little out of order ^^
I haven’t been playing all that long, so I don’t suppose I have too many of these. However, a couple do spring to mind:
- Not checking loot from the boss before entering raid/dungeon etc
- Not reading quest objectives when leveling – I tend to just head to the spot and see which mob needs killing. In hindsight, I could save a lot of time if I skim the quest as I pick it up, as I usually have to stop and find out what I’m doing!
- Not capping valour each week. Sorry Blizz, I just don’t have the time, Especially with the 40mins+ of queue time for LFG or LFR.
- Not leveling professions on my two alts. Going to get on that this week…
- Eating near the computer / eating whilst raiding / not stopping to eat. Laziness really I suppose!
I can’t think of many, but here goes…
- Lack of concentration span on my toons – I tend to get bored and switch, do a couple of levels, switch, do an LFR, switch, do some professions etc etc
- Lazy when farming. I usually just buy all my profession mats and any other mats I might need.
- Secondary professions remain at 0/600. I just cannot be bothered!
Do you have any bad habits?
Day 13 – People (players/bloggers) that you admire
I’m sure this is very similar to Day 10, so I’m going to talk about those players who I admire.
There are none in particular, but instead I’m dedicating this post to all those raiders in the progress race. It has been really exciting this patch, especially because it has lasted so long. I get tired raiding for just a couple of hours once a week, and I can’t imagine how they must be feeling after 5 weeks.
This is one video which we both enjoyed watching… see how they laugh and joke until they get close to the kill?
We only play for fun, but I imagine if we were under so much pressure: to get geared, to hit the top DPS, to not make mistakes, then I think it would become a chore. I know raiding isn’t for everyone, but I think we can all admire their dedication to the game!
Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time
This entirely depends upon how much time I have to spend. Some days I can only face half an hour, others much more. My priorities are as follows on my main:
- Profession cooldowns (tailoring – Imperial Silk)
- LFR – starting with the newest one and working down
- Anything else needed for raiding that week (watching guides, gemming etc etc)
- Dailies – Halfhill for the mats for professions
- Valour cap. Meh.
- Fun stuff like pet battling, running dungeons for transmog or achievements.
I have a full time job, so obviously my online time varies throughout the week, with much of my free time at the weekend. I tend – during the week – to only have time for an LFR and dailies with an hour levelling on my new toon, which I’m really enjoying.
However, if I have a big chunk of time (a few hours) I would do something like this:
1 hour: queuing for LFR and doing dailies / pet battling
1-2 hours: LFR (I try and do them all each week, but never manage to cap valour now I don’t have rep grinds left)
1-2 hours: levelling a new toon
1 hour: do something fun with someone else, either a dungeon or a classic raid for the achievements
2-3 hours: raiding
Looking at this, my routine is very different! Main focus at the moment is gearing the rogue for Brawlers Guild so my online time reflects that. Instead of a daily routine, mine tends to be weekly. So every Wednesday, all my online time is spent in LFR / classic raid runs etc. Towards the end, I do more of the scenarios.
- While loading warcraft I check all the news sites
- I do my leatherworking research first then drop a Blingatron (best thing I’ve ever had was a pet. Figures).
- Dailies (Isle of Thunder at the moment – takes over an hour) and grind rares to get the solo scenario key at the beginning of each reset
- Transmog / mount runs (MC, BWL, Khara, Tempest Keep weekly)
- Stand around looking pretty in the Shrine whilst queuing for LFR
We haven’t really answered the title of the post, as each day is obviously very different, but we hope it has been enlightening anyway!
Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
- I am a teacher – I teach Music but I trained in language teaching in secondary education. I love my job 🙂
- Mr B works nights, and I hate it. It is good money though.
- We drive a red car. Mr B tells me it’s a Ford Focus – whatever that is.
- I have a massive Disney and musical obsession. I don’t care what you say, they are ALL AWESOME. Mr B does not have a Disney and musical obsession… more fool him.
- I’m a total grammar and spelling snob. Mr B hates it. Yes, I’m one of those people who will correct you’re/your in a text or on facebook, and no, I don’t care. My biggest problem after you’re/their is “should of”. Irritates me tremendously.
- Mr B does all the cooking. Whether this is because I can’t or won’t is still under debate in our house.
- We got married at Christmas and went on our honeymoon to Paris. Made sense with me speaking fluent French and having been before! We actually spent most of our time eating Gauffres (waffles) and Crêpes. When in Rome…
- We have never been out ‘clubbing’ together – except the very first time we met 3 and a half years ago. We only met because we were both driving our friends around and both ended up holding the coats by the bar. Fate, eh?
- Mr B loves tea. So much so we get through a whole box of teabags each month. He also dunks his biscuits which I find disgusting. Blergh.
- We have two guinea pigs who are b.e.a.utiful. They are called Ernie (he is 1 and a half) and Teddy (a ball of fluff who is about 6 months) and they’re rescued from a shelter. We have built them a huge run in our house and they are very pampered. Ernie is teaching Teddy tricks like squeaking when he hears the fridge door (that’s where his lettuce comes from!) and being naughty by biting on the cage to get picked up. They are my babies though.
Ernie (left) and Teddy (right)
I’m going to put two together today as otherwise it’d be a very short post!
Day 06 – Your workplace/desk (photo and/or description)
I don’t have a desk, so I’ll describe it.
I sit on the sofa on my laptop and Mr B sits on a chair playing WoW on the TV. Our flat just isn’t big enough for a better set up. One day, we will have a bigger space and dual screens and all, but for now… it’ll do!
Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name
We wanted something to represent us, and we didn’t want to use our names. We thought showing that we were married was important – as this is what the blog is about, and we wanted ‘Warcraft’ somewhere in the name.
Mr and Mrs WoW was born!
We hope you like it 🙂
Day 05 – Favourite item(s) in game
This is a tricky one as there’s so many things I love. It’s not very specific so I’ll do 3.
1. My wand. No, my wholewitchy transmog. I’ve finally finished it and I love it – I’ll do a more detailed post another time. I think it’s brilliant that you can turn awesome looking pieces of gear so yours look like it.
2. Mounts. This warrents a whole other post too, as I have lots of favourites – they’re like animals, I just couldn’t choose a favourite without feeling guilty!
3. The novelty archaeology items, like the war drums. Not worth anything but putting a touch of humour into the profession. Love it!
For me? Tier two Bloodfang set for rogues is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.
I’m going to get the recolour for my Monk – drops from Heroic BC dungeons.
Day 04 – Your best WoW memory
Mr B ~
Defeating Ragnaros for the first time. Oh my god, it was the best feeling. No more words needed.
Mrs B ~
I don’t really have a lot, but most involve achieving goals with guild mates – completing ICC achievements, completing the bear run for the first time after failing a few times, but also, getting Loremaster was amazing. Weeks of hard work!