Here’s Gokk’lok, a neutral elite located West of Rikkitun Village, off the coast of Dread Wastes with an impressive 19million health.
So, I hear you cry, why should I bother killing it? Well, because it gives you a quest to get an awesome vanity item.. that’s why!
It’s easy peasy with a well-geared character:
1. Attack the shell (you get an underwater breathing buff to help)
2. Kill the adds that spawn (even the cute seahorse type creatures!)
3. Accept the quest which auto-appears after it’s dead
4. Hand it in to Rikkitun Village and enjoy the reward: Gokk’lok’s Shell
It instantly respawns though, so don’t think you have to kill it twice!
This vanity item has unlimited charges, which is brilliant. You use it (30min cooldown) and you appear naked and blushing inside a shell as long as you stand still. Even better, is that you can let off a party grenade and dance the night away. Well, for 2minutes until it wears off anyway!
- Level and % of level: 45% through 87
- iLevel: We didn’t note it down.
- Time played so far: Nor this, sorry!
- Area: Kun-Lai
- Favourite moments: I felt really good that we 2 manned a rare in Kun-Lai – Havak. We both have self heals and as long as you move out the crap it’s do-able.
- Least Favourite moments: none really, enjoying it!
- Instances: none, but we did do Sha!!
- Level and % of level: 8% through 88
- iLevel: Mrs B: 413, Mr B: 427
- Time played so far: 2days 14hours 40mins
- Area: Kun-Lai Summit
- Favourite moments: barrel rolling the mobs and setting them on fire was good. Smashing things with the big yeti too – you do the quest then you get it as a daily so 150k xp for the actual quest then 178k xp for a really easy daily quest!
- Least favourite moments: we were doing a pug dungeon and we weren’t paying attention to chat (does anyone??). We were at the bit in Shado Pan Monestary where you need to defeat the initiates and we didn’t realise someone was yelling STACK multiple times. By the time we did realise, he had called us “fag pandas”… totally unacceptable for several reasons I promised Mr B not to get on my soap box about. Once again, the general foul manners of some members really put a downer on our play time. We left immediately and made a cuppa.
- Instances: Shado Pan Monestary (we queued again with a friend).
- Level and % of level: 82% through 89!!!
- iLvl: Mr B: 442, Mrs B: 439
- Time played so far: 2 days 17 hours 38mins
- Area(s): Townlong Steppes til 89 then Dread Wastes (upto Soggy Gamble quests)
- Favourite moments: finding the treasures that gave us 500-715k xp each (Amber Encased Moth for example)
- Least favourite moments: finding the Violet Citron and Volatile Orbs for the quest. Small area and lots levelling so lots ninja’ing as you’re killing nearby mobs. I finally have a matching set of gear but the belt makes it look stupid. Hmph. Some horrid tank who tanked Frost Lord ninja’d my 480 cloak. Was NOT happy!
- Instances: Frost Lord (Midsummer event boss), Mogu’shan Palace and Gate of the Setting Sun
We also upgraded the pieces of gear we had left from the gear vendor at Longying Outpost who sells 408 gear. It’s quite expensive at 33g per piece, but worth it as these mobs hit quite hard!
20% to go!!!!!
Dancing around the bonfire together for our 10% xp buff