You all know my love of sparkly hunter pets, and Ghostcrawler was one I wanted really badly.
- Named after Greg Street, systems designer for World of Warcraft
- Spirit Beast with the Spirit Beast Blessing – a nice heal to get you out of trouble (it also looks very pretty!)
- I camped for 3 days, others got him after a few hours, so you need to be patient
- You need to have done the Vashj’ir starter quest to get your underwater breathing or this will be super difficult
- As a level 90, the tame itself is not a hard one. Pop deterrance and hit tame, the difficulty is finding him.
- I used this map: Wowhead
- Make a macro: /tar Ghoscrawler and put it on your bar
- Adop0t one of two strategies: either follow the map in a clockwise motion and spam the macro, or park yourself in the middle to wait for NPC scan to go off. I recommend the former, it’s a lot less dull.
- This Spirit Beast is unique as he goes in and out of stealth – he will appear, then 30 seconds later, disappear to reappear further along his route. I recommend you swim slowly along his route hitting the macro. Also an awesome time to take your Abyssal Seahorse out for a spin!
- Have track beasts on! He will show up as a yellow dot – another weapon to spot him.
- He is a lot smaller than you would think, and Abyssal Depths is gloomy, so look carefully for that glimmer of white and use the macro.
- Don’t panic if you spotted him and he goes into stealth, just swim a little further up his route to wait.
I think it’s safe to assume that most hunters are really into having a good-looking pet. Well, I am definitely one of those hunters.
My hunter is my 3rd (and final!) alt. After levelling to about level 40, Mr B informed me that I could get different types of pets. After level 60, he mentioned Spirit Beasts and rares. Apparently, he left it so late ‘for my own good’… pfft. He was right though, I have died venturing into parts unknown for these damn pets.
However, yesterday, I stumbled across Ban’thalos in Hyjal. I faffed for ages, reading wowhead and getting scared about how difficult he was to tame. In the end, it went for it and it was fine, yay! All I did was mount up over the Statue of Malorne, arcane shot, deterrance, landed on the top of the statue and tamed. Was down to 15k health after the fall though, so don’t try it below 300k hp!
I’m a little bit miffed Blizzard won’t let me name it Ban’thalos (I like to keep my rares in their original name) so he’s Banthalos instead.
My current pet list includes:
- Terropene (tamed by chance)
- Arcturis (3 day camping extravaganza)
- Ghostcrawler (2 day camp… and I loathe swimming!)
- Casper, the Ghost Saber cat from Darkshore (a really nice pet for low levels – all you have to do is click the figurines – it takes about half an hour)
- Weedle the GIANT worm from Pandaria (he’s amazing!)
- Darwin the Gorilla
- Archemides the Owl
- Barney the Raptor (/Dinosaur, but Mr B says it’s a Raptor… blah blah)
- Bach the Core Hound
- Aristo the Cat
- Squirt the Turtle
- Chime the Chimaera (looks really pretty – appeals to my girly-side!)
So, which do you think I’m missing and should go for next? I’ve been considering Gondria…