It’s not often I blog about raiding with the guild, probably because we do it three times a week and it’d take too long, but this time I’m making an exception.
The guild I’m in is called Sinners (dreadfully manly, I know), and we have a lovely set of guys who love to look after me. Who am I kidding, they all take the mickey out of my Midlands accent!!! We have only recently started raiding properly, but almost always have to PUG someone as we are only casual and really, we just want to have a bit of fun. (I say ‘we’ as a royal we here!). As a result of this, it often takes a few attempts at clearing a boss due to the poor PUGs getting used to our way of working so progress is slow and steady.
However, this last week our progression has been, frankly, exceptional (Syntar maintains that he carried us through by repeatedly ‘facebutting’ the boss whilst we watched…). Until last week, we had 6/6 on MSV and 1 boss down in HoF and ToES. However, this last week we finally managed to get Wind Lord down, making it 3/6 in HoF, and… we completed ToES! /happydance
I know Lei Shi is a nightmare (harder than Sha I thought), but that was the encounter I enjoyed most in ToES.
I promised Warcool I’d but some screenshots up, so this is for you pal ❤
Munching before the Sha…
And he’s dowwwwwn!
Fearless at last ^^
We finished with a wonderful success against the first boss in ToT, Jinroch. Needless-to-say, we all started the week with rather large egos.
Next step, the Empress. All advice welcome!
My lovely guildmates affectionately (I hope!!) take the mickey that I am such a noob. They often have to help me out with explaining tactics – usually more than once – and where I should stand. Today we managed to one-shot all of MSV and first boss in HoF before our raid time came to an end and I didn’t die once! Yipee!!
One, a sneaky southerner by the name of Zolu, suggested I write a blog post for other clueless people. I think it was in jest, but I’m calling him so, here it is.
Things To Know
1. Accessed from Kun-Lai Summit – closest flight point is Temple of the White Tiger to the East
2. Take a flask and a banquet or you get told off
3. You need to be around 480 iLvl and hitting 70k dps to do this comfortably
4. Remember to gem, enchant and reforge for your current spec – that extra 10k DPS might make all the difference!
First Boss: The Stone Guard
- 3 large scary-looking stone dog things standing by the stairs
- They will be tanked in 2 groups – one alone by the less important tank (they give it a posh name “off-tank” to make it more paletable)
- Target one of the ones in the group of 2 being tanked by the main tank or you get moaned at
Second Boss: Feng the Accursed
- Fought on a circular dias – get inside it when they pull or you’re locked out and you get moaned at
- Phase 1: Stack in the middle and DPS boss. Our team alternates interrupts with a barrier to deal with the Epicentre Damage – if the Nullification Barrier is up (a big blue bubble)… get in it. Oh, and DPS the boss or you’ll be moaned at.
- Phase 2: Stack in the middle and DPS boss (see a trend here??). If you get the Wildfire Spark, run to the pre-designated spot and wait until it drops off you, then run and stack again. Don’t leave it in the middle, or you’ll end up fried.
- Phase 3: the boss will be pulled to the middle, so spread out. You may get a debuff called “Arcane Resonance”. THIS HURTS so don’t go near your team or you’ll hurt them too. However, if the ability “Arcane Velocity” is used, and you do not have the debuff, go stack in the middle til it’s over
- Remember to DPS the boss at all times…or you get moaned at.
Third Boss: the totem dude (aka Gara’jal the Spiritbinder)
- Fought on a circular dias… get inside!!
- For DPS this is pretty simple, yay. Stack to start and pop CDs.
- Totems: periodically, totems will spawn. These are delt with by 1 healer and 2 DPS entering the purple swirling misty stuff, killing the totem and being transfered to the spirit world. Don’t kill the totem before everyone gets there…
- Spirit World: Once you’ve killed the totem, you become all transparent and spirit-y. You loose lots of health so don’t panic! Kill as many bad guys as possible whilst inside. You have 30seconds to do as much damage as possible whilst the healer heals you to full health. When the timer reaches 5 seconds, click the button in the middle of your screen to exit. If you don’t, you die. Then you get moaned at.
- Voodoo Dolls: a debuff causing damage. You can’t enter the spirit world whilst you have this.
- Finally… at 20% pop all CDs and burn the boss down as he enrages and hope you don’t die in the process.
Fourth Boss: the Sprit Kings
- These guys are fun! Fought on a (yep!) circular platform.
- Four mini-bosses activate one at a time. Each boss killed grants one of his abilities to the current one…woopee.
- Qiang the Merciless: stack in front of the boss. When he uses “Annihilate”, run through his legs immediately, or you die. “Flanking Orders” is a line of scary dudes swinging their swords which cause lots of damage – get out of the way to avoid it (the raid leader will generally call which way to run)
- Meng the Demented: “Maddening Shout” is the ability to watch out for – he, literally, makes you crazy. Stack up and AOE to stop the damage.
- Subetai the Swift: spread out for this, but not too far. “Pillage” will see him charging at a specified person, so move out the way. “Volley of Arrows” causes lots of damage in front of him (they’re obvious and come flying at your face!) so move out the way. “Pinning Arrow” traps someone so free them before they die.
- Zian of the Endless Shadow: this guy is basically a game of avoiding all the stuff on the ground, avoiding the flanking orders and killing the purple floating skulls that attach themselves to someone. If you’re lucky enough to have the skull, do everyone a favour and take it away from the raid? That way, you won’t cause them damage too.
Fifth Boss: Elegon
- The awesome floaty dragon thing – the one you need lots of DPS for. Oh, it’s fought on a circular platform…just incase you were wondering.
- Each DPS is pre-assigned a pillar (the 6 spread around the platform). Remember it, love it, take care of it
- All ranged stack on right hand side of the console
- Phase 1: stack inside the platform so you become a pretty constallation and DPS the boss. Reset the “Overcharged” stacks (by stepping off the platform) when you hit 6. Or… let DBM remind you you’re about to “OVERLOAD!” if you live on the wild side. When the add spawns, kill it. Just before you do, reset your stacks or you get one-shotted and die.
- Phase 2: at 85%. Raid Leader will yell GET TO YOUR POST. Well, ours usually adds “biatch” or some similar compliment, but you get the idea! “Draw Power” is cast so DPS the orb attached to your pillar before it hits it. This gives a buff to increase damage. It also makes the damn things come quicker. In between each Draw Power, DPS the boss or you won’t manage the enrage timer! Try for 4 or 5.
- Phase 3: this happens when an orb reaches the power. Get off the platform or you die and get shouted at. Our guild fines you 100g if you die here. Ahem, I owe them a LOT… Anyway, the post you’re assigned to will power up – so kill it. Help your team kill theirs (if needed!), then get back to the console. Kill the adds.
- Rinse and repeat.
- Phase 4: after a second phase 3, everyone hops into the middle, pops all CDs and hope the healers don’t go OOM. You can’t reset your stacks as the outer ring is a death trap, so self heal and get him down.
Sixth Boss: Will of the Emperor
- Lots of moving required – be prepared
- Depending on your guild’s tacts, you either kill the adds or kill the boss. Or, throw hell to the wind and do both.
- Adds first (3 types, each have certain abilities to avoid), so kill them
- After 90 seconds, the bosses will spawn (they have a shared health, don’t panic!) and tanked opposite sides of the – you guessed it – circular dias.
- Avoid the crap on the ground, kill the adds, kill the boss. Simples.
- Turn up before the scheduled start time
- Don’t stand in the stuff on the floor!
- If you’re meant to be stacking… STACK.
- Save cooldowns til you’re told to use them. Don’t pop heroism at the wrong time, or you get told off
- Keep well-fed and flasked at all times
- If you wipe constantly, don’t rage and get angry – it’s demotivating and you’re all still learning
7. You will – most likely – never die as much as I do!
Good luck, and happy raiding.