Welcome to the fourth blog post in the “Warcraft Community’s Top Things To Do Before WoD” series!
No one could say that we don’t get invested in our own characters. Just taking a look at our blog and the blurb for our own toons, let alone all the other members of the community! I hope Sugar&Blood doesn’t mind me mentioning their blog here, as they have a perfect array of Draenei’s. Or there’s Ikralla who clearly loves the Pandaren! Not to mention, of course, the 100’s of days /played we all have, it’s not surprising that our characters were suggested as one of the reasons to keep coming back to Warcraft.
If you need a change, why not try what LeeAnn suggests? “No matter how many times you play or how many characters you have, there’s likely a combo you haven’t given a shot. Goblin priest with a fishing fetish? Dwarven chef who likes to freeze the baddies? Blood elf with a tanky vibe?”
I, for one, recommend trying the opposite faction, especially their opening story lines – I particularly enjoyed the Goblins. She never got further than level 20 (none of my Horde alts do!), but I loved the opening quests! If you’re a hardened altoholic, perhaps trying a new character might not be the best way to banish the boredom blues 😉
We have never dabbled in this particular hobby, but as it was suggested I wanted to include it. RP-ing seems to follow naturally from the identity and relationship we form with our online characters, so how about giving it a go?
@Eolien_WoW answered some of my nooby questions: “It certainly is daunting but the most important thing you can do is to find a guild that interests your RP style and will be willing to help […] <click for link> is a great guides thread. Another here. Even though it’s on the Argent Dawn forum section, there are many useful guides for all RP.”
Other guides as suggested are:
Blizzard have put many Easter Eggs in WoW (read more here), but I wanted to mention a couple of our favourites for you to go and visit:
- Execution of Ji Firepaw (nominated by Navimie – she even as a video, go see!)
- Haris Pilton – if you buy the bag she has available for an exorbitant amount of gold, you even get an achievement!
- Slim <Shady Dealer>
- Granny Smith <Fruit Vendor>
- The adorable Lunk – if you haven’t done this quest line, you totally should.
- Bambina, Flora and Thudder. Clearly a reference to Disney. I love that. A lot.
- Elloric, husband of Twitter’s very own @GhemitHunts. We don’t know Ghemit that well, but we remember his raw pain sadly and we visit Elloric, who lives in one of my favourite places (above MSV in the library/archaeology place), often.
- Finally, in-game memorials. We think it’s wonderful that Blizzard puts these into the game and to understand the context of each gives them the deserved respect. The video below is worth watching!
- @Eolien_WoW via Twitter