We are back on the #IntPiPoMo after a couple of weeks unplanned break. Sorry we weren’t able to get this finished in time for November, but better late than never, right?
N – Night Elf and Nethergarde Keep
I have two Nelfs and they’re both very dear to my heart. I love how refined they are! A little bit vain though… I was questing near Nethergarde Keep, so this is why it made it to my ‘N’ picture category.
O – Outland and Orebor Harborage
Outland is rather iconic, how could we not include it? Orebor is another place we were questing in yesterday when I started thinking about ‘O’. It’s a rather beautiful place, nestled amongst the mushrooms!
P – Pets and Pandas
Two of my favourite things in WoW currently! I’m really into pet battling and collecting pets and I’m also really into Pandas. I’ve now levelled 3 out of the starting zone before realising I can’t be bothered going to 90 😀
See you soon for Q, R and S!
Poor Pandas. I don’t think their model quite fits in the sidecar of the Mekgineer’s Chopper!
(photos are of our friends Thondar and Kiwii)
Levelling is slowing down now, we are doing less percent of a level each time we play, so we’ll combine posts from now on!
- Level: 68
- Area(s): N/A – we ran instances instead (we had 2 levels of rested)
- Favourite quests / moment: a DK when running Escape from Durnholde wasn’t attacking anything, so we asked why. He told us he was using his most powerful attack: “Death Siphon”. We – patiently – told him that he’s a melée and that that move is for survivability, and he spent about 10mins arguing with us. Said he was a ranged character, not melée. Hahaha, bless him, he was a new player and we had to convince him that he was melée before he believed us.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Escape from Durnholde – hate that instance. Everyone starts the next part before you’ve had chance to hand the quest in.
- Instance(s): Mana Tombs, Escape from Durnholde, Shadow Labyrinth, Sethekk Halls, Auchanai Crypts
- Favourite ability: N/A
- Level: 70 – yay!
- Area(s): Borean Tundra (one quest)
- Favourite quests / moment: N/A
- Least favourite quest/ moment: N/A
- Instance(s): Utgarde Keep – we had rested so we ran this a couple of times.
- Favourite ability: Healing Spheres saved my bacon a couple of times!
A pretty place to quest in.
- Level: 73
- Area(s): Borean Tundra, Dragonblight
- Favourite quests / moment: I like all the quests with the Walrus’ – they’re cute! Oh, I also really liked rescuing the Defenders from the town using the griffins. Made me feel like a hero. There was also a quest later where you had to rescue the soldiers in the Mausoleum, using a gun, that was cool.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: A Horde kept killing the damn quest giver at Death’s Stand, so we were waiting for a long time before they got bored. However, there was loads of us waiting so we had a little party. We also had lots of quests in the mines, where there’s competition for mobs and a low drop rate. It really hacked us both off.
- Instance(s): Azjol Nerub, Ankhanet the Old Kingdom. So many spiders…
- Favourite ability: Chain Lightening. It does soooo much damage. Constantly topping the charts.
Picking the totem from a Walrus corpse. Ew.
- Level: 60 (almost 61!)
- Gold: 5g (didn’t sell anything!)
- Area(s): Hellfire Penninsula
- Favourite quests / moment: I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!! Getting your flight master license after so long having to run feels EPIC!
- Least favourite quest/ moment: I pulled a lot of the ogres collecting the metal, which caused me to die. Wasn’t impressed. Hellfire generally isn’t my favourite… /yawn
- Instance(s): Hellfire Ramparts – we both like this one, it’s short, easy to do and relatively interesting. In one run, with rested and quests, we did almost an entire level.
- Favourite ability: FLYING!
A Panda on a kite looks brilliant!
- Level: 63
- Gold: –200g – we bought flying and zen flying. Even in-game she’s spending my cash…
- Area(s): Hellfire Penninsula, Terokkar Forest (at 62)
- Favourite quests / moment: none, Outland is meh.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: By Any Means Necessary: you know the quest with Empoor? The one which is really buggy and he takes ages to spawn along his route? That one… spent ages trying to find him!
- Instance(s): Hellfire Ramparts – multiple times…, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens
- Favourite ability: I love my meditation cloud. I can’t decide whether to fly or zoom on my awesome cloud!
For now, dear readers, Keep Calm and Meditate…
After changing servers, we didn’t think it was best to continue levelling our previous re-rolls on our old server. So, we decided to start again:
Meet our Pandas – Mr B’s a male shammy, mine a female Monk.
I really want to level my first melée character, so wish us luck!
- Level: 12
- Gold: we cheated and sent ourselves 150, so 151g 12s 1c
- Area: finished by choosing our facti0n and getting to Stormwind
- Favourite moment /quest: I’m going to blog about it later so second favourite moment was using my new ‘roll’ ability. Mr B gets very annoyed me running off ahead of him! I also really loved jumping and balancing from pole to pole defeating the trainees in the pools, that was a fun quest. Mine was killing the virmin and finding the carrots in the starting area – something very satisfying about killing virmin…
- Favourite ability so far: Thunderstorm, definitely. ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING!
I absolutey loved the starting area for the pandas – I thought it was beautiful and I loved all the little details that make WoW awesome. It’s such a shame you can’t experience it unless you roll a panda. If you haven’t yet, it’s well worth spending a couple of hours on one experiencing the magic!