Total time played: 2 days 18 hours 21mins
After buying our set of PvP gear, ready for HCs: ilvl 442 (Mr B), 441 (Mrs B)
We have loved every minute of this experience levelling together. It has been enlightening, for the first time questing and enjoying the Warcraft experience right from the start together – seeing zones and quests which we perhaps would not normally do. It has involved a lot of patience and compromise, but ultimately, a lot of fun!
- Level and % of level: 45% through 87
- iLevel: We didn’t note it down.
- Time played so far: Nor this, sorry!
- Area: Kun-Lai
- Favourite moments: I felt really good that we 2 manned a rare in Kun-Lai – Havak. We both have self heals and as long as you move out the crap it’s do-able.
- Least Favourite moments: none really, enjoying it!
- Instances: none, but we did do Sha!!
- Level and % of level: 8% through 88
- iLevel: Mrs B: 413, Mr B: 427
- Time played so far: 2days 14hours 40mins
- Area: Kun-Lai Summit
- Favourite moments: barrel rolling the mobs and setting them on fire was good. Smashing things with the big yeti too – you do the quest then you get it as a daily so 150k xp for the actual quest then 178k xp for a really easy daily quest!
- Least favourite moments: we were doing a pug dungeon and we weren’t paying attention to chat (does anyone??). We were at the bit in Shado Pan Monestary where you need to defeat the initiates and we didn’t realise someone was yelling STACK multiple times. By the time we did realise, he had called us “fag pandas”… totally unacceptable for several reasons I promised Mr B not to get on my soap box about. Once again, the general foul manners of some members really put a downer on our play time. We left immediately and made a cuppa.
- Instances: Shado Pan Monestary (we queued again with a friend).
- Level and % of level: 82% through 89!!!
- iLvl: Mr B: 442, Mrs B: 439
- Time played so far: 2 days 17 hours 38mins
- Area(s): Townlong Steppes til 89 then Dread Wastes (upto Soggy Gamble quests)
- Favourite moments: finding the treasures that gave us 500-715k xp each (Amber Encased Moth for example)
- Least favourite moments: finding the Violet Citron and Volatile Orbs for the quest. Small area and lots levelling so lots ninja’ing as you’re killing nearby mobs. I finally have a matching set of gear but the belt makes it look stupid. Hmph. Some horrid tank who tanked Frost Lord ninja’d my 480 cloak. Was NOT happy!
- Instances: Frost Lord (Midsummer event boss), Mogu’shan Palace and Gate of the Setting Sun
We also upgraded the pieces of gear we had left from the gear vendor at Longying Outpost who sells 408 gear. It’s quite expensive at 33g per piece, but worth it as these mobs hit quite hard!
20% to go!!!!!
Dancing around the bonfire together for our 10% xp buff
A bit of a long update today!
- Level and % of level: 39% through 83
- iLevel: Mrs B: 318, Mr B: 336
- Time played so far: 2 days 1hr 9mins to level 83 / 2 days 3 hours 27mins in total
- Area: Deepholm til 83, then Uldum
- Favourite moments: We both got told off for trying to ride Lady the Camel into Uldum 😀
- Least favourite moments: PC overheating and getting dc’d in the middle of Vortex. I told them he was dc and asked them nicely to wait – they kicked him anyway. Twerps. I left when they did, but now I’m 5% ahead of him in xp.
- Instances: Throne of Tides, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle (half of it anyway)
When we hit 83, we went to the AH and bought, for a few hundred gold, a set of 364 gear which boosted us up 100 ilvls and made things much easier.
Day 23 – level 85 and beyond
- Level and % of level: 70% through 85!!
- iLevel: Mrs B: 385, Mr B: 376
- Time played so far: 2 days 7 hrs 43 mins – we had a whoooole day to catch up on a week of no play. We wanted to make the most of the 10% xp buff from Midsummer!
- Area(s): Uldum and Twilight Highlands til 85 BABY! Jade Forest (upto the end of Pawdon Village)
- Favourite moments: Enjoyed knocking over the Pygmy Scout towers, that’s fun.
Had a good group for Vortex this time too (after a couple of false starts), and we had some fun pulling lots in there. I enjoyed grilling the dockworkers and making them cower in fear when doing the Twilight starter quests! We both think Teng Applebloom looks awesome carrying the kegs of cider too 😀
- Least favourite moments: Twilight Highlands starter quests…yawn. Somehow feels less epic when you can use a flying mount… and I HATE HATE HATE the Twinspire quests in Jade Forest. Bad memories from dying constantly on earlier alts.
- Instances: Lost City of Tolvir, Crucible of Carnage (where a quest reward was the “Very Manly Staff” /giggle), Stormstout Brewery
We hammered to 85 by skipping up zones ASAP and buying gear wherever possible.
- Time played to 85: 2 days 6 hours 40mins
- ilvl: Mrs B: 351, Mr B: 346
- He is OWNING me on damage – regularly pulling 30k dps in instances by his mastery critting all the time
We then went to Pandaland! and bought the new gear set from Dawn’s Blossom. This, along with my Spear of Xuen which I upgraded with justice from Archaeology and a couple of crafter blues, took my ilvl up to 380 and his to 370. This changed everything. I am now pulling 50k dps in dungeons, more with AoE, and for the first time… I’M BEATING HIM!!!!! 😀
Us together, Mr B rocking his pink and blue set!
Dinging 80, or stats look like this:
- iLevel: 232
- Time Played: 1hr 20mins
- % and level: 34% through level 81
- ilevel: Mr B – 258. Mrs B: 239 I can’t believe I’m so much lower?!
- Time played so far: 1 day 22hours 30mins
- Area: Hyjal – up to the Shrine of Aviana
- Favourite moments: Faerie Dragons! Meep!
- Least favourite moments: wearing the stupid hat in BRC for the quest. So ugly! Barron Geddon quest – where you have to run in and out using the item is annoying.
- Instances: Blackrock Caverns. RAZ SMASH!
- % and level: 65% through 81
- ilevel: Mr B 261. Mrs B 260.
- Time played so far: 1 day 23hours 15mins
- Area: Hyjal – up to the Shrine of Aessina
- Favourite moments: Saving the bear cubs! There was also a quest reward called “Treegrip Pants”. This made me lol.
- Least favourite moments: Saving the ‘wee animals’ in the charred areas. So hard to click!!!
- Instances: None – only played for a short time.
- % and level: 3% through 82
- ilevel: Mr B 261. Mrs B 260.
- Time played so far: 1 day 23hours 15mins
- Area: Hyjal… of course. We set ourselves in Deepholm before we logged.
- Favourite moments: I love the quest: Hyjal Recycling Programme where you have to pick up the arrows. I love the name of the quest and I also love that – for once – the arrows are really clear and easy to see.
- Least favourite: none, just plodding on.
- Level: 74
- Area(s): Grizzly Hills
- Favourite quests / moment: The Outhouse at Amberpine Lodge. We had a merry few minutes giggling!
- Least favourite quest/ moment: All the troll quests in this area. I can’t put my finger on why I don’t like them, but I don’t enjoy them at all. Possibly all the back and forth? That said, I quite like this storyline!
- Instance(s): Drak’Tharon Keep – I quite like Drakuru mon!
- Favourite ability: N/A
- Level: 77
- Area(s): N/A
- Favourite quests / moment: Meh, dungeons
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Meh, dungeons.
- Instance(s): Violet Hold, Gundrak, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning,, Azjol-Nerub
- Favourite ability: I’m starting to get procs and buffs to manage now, which is proving complex!
- Level: 80 BABY!
- Area(s): Crystalsong Forest/Dalaran, Icecrown
- Favourite quests / moment: I liked doing most of these quests, as I hadn’t done them before (except a few for Loremaster).
- Least favourite quests/ moment: The back and forth over the structures in Icecrown is irritating. We were with one of those “stop pulling the dragons”/”ffs who’s pulling dragons?”/”NOOBS STOP PULLING DRAGONS!”/”…”/ “don’t take 2 healer dragons ffs” type-tanks in Occulus. I really like this instance but the tank completely spoiled it.
- Instance(s): Utgarde Pinnacle, Occulus
- Total time played to 80: 1 day 20hours (would probably be 20 hours less if we didn’t afk all the time – but we’ll be honest!)
It is really worth noting a new feature here.
Remember getting to Hyjal and having to scour the AH for gear or each mob would be double your health? Fret no longer! Patch 5.3 bought you “Iris Moondreamer” – a lovely lady who now sells ilvl 232 /level 80 gear for 25g each!! We outfitted ourselves for the Cataclysm for the princely sum of around 400g. /cheer
Level 80 and rocking our new gear
Levelling is slowing down now, we are doing less percent of a level each time we play, so we’ll combine posts from now on!
- Level: 68
- Area(s): N/A – we ran instances instead (we had 2 levels of rested)
- Favourite quests / moment: a DK when running Escape from Durnholde wasn’t attacking anything, so we asked why. He told us he was using his most powerful attack: “Death Siphon”. We – patiently – told him that he’s a melée and that that move is for survivability, and he spent about 10mins arguing with us. Said he was a ranged character, not melée. Hahaha, bless him, he was a new player and we had to convince him that he was melée before he believed us.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Escape from Durnholde – hate that instance. Everyone starts the next part before you’ve had chance to hand the quest in.
- Instance(s): Mana Tombs, Escape from Durnholde, Shadow Labyrinth, Sethekk Halls, Auchanai Crypts
- Favourite ability: N/A
- Level: 70 – yay!
- Area(s): Borean Tundra (one quest)
- Favourite quests / moment: N/A
- Least favourite quest/ moment: N/A
- Instance(s): Utgarde Keep – we had rested so we ran this a couple of times.
- Favourite ability: Healing Spheres saved my bacon a couple of times!
A pretty place to quest in.
- Level: 73
- Area(s): Borean Tundra, Dragonblight
- Favourite quests / moment: I like all the quests with the Walrus’ – they’re cute! Oh, I also really liked rescuing the Defenders from the town using the griffins. Made me feel like a hero. There was also a quest later where you had to rescue the soldiers in the Mausoleum, using a gun, that was cool.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: A Horde kept killing the damn quest giver at Death’s Stand, so we were waiting for a long time before they got bored. However, there was loads of us waiting so we had a little party. We also had lots of quests in the mines, where there’s competition for mobs and a low drop rate. It really hacked us both off.
- Instance(s): Azjol Nerub, Ankhanet the Old Kingdom. So many spiders…
- Favourite ability: Chain Lightening. It does soooo much damage. Constantly topping the charts.
Picking the totem from a Walrus corpse. Ew.
- Level: 64
- Gold: No idea! Lot count now.
- Area(s): Terrokar Forest, Zangarmarsh (for about half a level)
- Favourite quests / moment: Ogres, raz smash. I like Zangarmarsh 0 it’s pretty and the supersized mushrooms are awesome.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Bone Wastes quests… /yawn
- Instance(s): Underbog
- Favourite ability: Healing Spheres are pretty awesome!
Chillin’ with the shrooms…
- Level: 65
- Area(s): Nagrand!
- Favourite quests / moment: I love being in Nagrand, the whole zone lifts my spirits. Our favourite quests were the Ring of Blood quests – we did it with some other 60-something’s in the zone. I also like the Corki quests, the little guy gets into so much trouble!
- Least favourite quest/ moment: Obsidian Warbeads are always a dull grind. Especially since I just farmed them for the Kurani rep.
- Instance(s): None – we only played for an hour.
- Favourite ability: N/A
Hiding in Corki’s cage.
- Level: 60 (almost 61!)
- Gold: 5g (didn’t sell anything!)
- Area(s): Hellfire Penninsula
- Favourite quests / moment: I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!! Getting your flight master license after so long having to run feels EPIC!
- Least favourite quest/ moment: I pulled a lot of the ogres collecting the metal, which caused me to die. Wasn’t impressed. Hellfire generally isn’t my favourite… /yawn
- Instance(s): Hellfire Ramparts – we both like this one, it’s short, easy to do and relatively interesting. In one run, with rested and quests, we did almost an entire level.
- Favourite ability: FLYING!
A Panda on a kite looks brilliant!
- Level: 63
- Gold: –200g – we bought flying and zen flying. Even in-game she’s spending my cash…
- Area(s): Hellfire Penninsula, Terokkar Forest (at 62)
- Favourite quests / moment: none, Outland is meh.
- Least favourite quest/ moment: By Any Means Necessary: you know the quest with Empoor? The one which is really buggy and he takes ages to spawn along his route? That one… spent ages trying to find him!
- Instance(s): Hellfire Ramparts – multiple times…, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens
- Favourite ability: I love my meditation cloud. I can’t decide whether to fly or zoom on my awesome cloud!
For now, dear readers, Keep Calm and Meditate…