I am as yet undecided about the huge numbers of dailies in MoP. I love achievements, so they do appeal to my perfectionist nature. We have also been working towards our 50 exalted reputations and so they have been a welcome change to killing the same mobs for hours. However, what I am struggling to understand is why I have to do them on all characters that I need the better gear on.
My usual set up is my Mage as my main – all professions are maxed (primary and secondary), I do all achievements on her and all dailies. I play Resto Shammy for the guild and love healing.. and only healing. I have done two professions to complement the mage but no cooking or fishing etc. The hunter is for pretending to be a zookeeper and ninja-pulling in dungeons and nothing else. No, I’m joking… honest 😉
Currently, I am doing (in order of priority, depending on how arduous my day has been):
- Firelands (I want the mount!)
- Golden Lotus (ditto – 3k off as of today!)
- Shado-Pan (I’ll only do these one’s if Mr B is with me as a bodyguard!)
- August Celestials
- Operation Shieldwall
- Low level cooking (usually in Stormwind – for the Chef Award)
Bearing mind I have already done:
- All cooking to get Master of The Ways
- Cloud Serpent (for a mount which I never use)
- Tillers (ditto, although selling the excess veg got me a lot of gold!)
- Sha’tari Skyguard
- Shattered Sun (the title was definitely worth it)
These, of course, do not include the others we did before the start of MoP. However, with the introduction of MoP, as I heal for the Guild, I’ve started to realise that I’m either going to have to do dailies for the valour gear OR we need to find a new healer.
I have never DPS’d on my Shaman – and although I should perhaps relish the challenge – this really isn’t what I play it for. Should I suck it up and get on with it? What do you think about that little blue exclamation mark?