I have been wanting to go after the Pandaria pets for a long time, but always been hesitant as I realised it was probably a bit of a time sink. However, on this rather lonely Saturday evening with Mr B at work, I figured now was as good a time as any to try, especially as it’s 1am and the server is quiet…
I decided to try for Bombyx, for my first, as I love my giant beige worm (called Weedle), and this is even better with a lovely unique purple colour. I am so pleased I managed to tame him – I had to share it with you all straight away!!!
- Unique purple worm found in Kasarang Wilds (map)
- Must be level 90 and in BM spec to tame
- Does not aggro when being tamed!
- Located using a flare and following the tracks used to find other MoP hunter pets
- Can phase in and out of stealth (just like Ghostcrawler)
- Make sure you have tame beast, flare and hunters mark free and easily accessible to use
- You’re looking for these plants:
- The flare will show you patches of leaves (see the dark blotches on the right of the picture?). These are the ‘tracks’ you are following. You can’t tell the direction, but they will appear denser in number the closer you are to the worm. If you’re going the wrong way, they’ll peter out.
- Bombyx travels up and down a path by the river. If you’re like me and have no idea what you’re doing, it took me about 20minutes to figure out where the path was and how to decipher the direction. Don’t panic, just keep firing the flares around the silkweed and you’ll get a good idea which direction he’s heading in.
- Once he shows up immediately put hunters mark on him. This will stop him going back into stealth and disappearing – which would cancel your tame. And you definitely don’t want that to happen.
- When you have hunters mark on him, the rest is easy. He is invisible to other hunters, so you don’t have to worry about being ninja’d and he doesn’t aggro, so just hit tame beast and he’s yours.
Honestly? This was one of the most exciting tames I’ve ever done. I loved using my flare and ‘tracking’ him down the river. This is what being a hunter is all about! I’m really looking forward to going and finding some of the others in Pandaria.
Have you found any of these new pets yet?